1. Don't clean up...really...don't do it. Just leave it. If you tidy up then we risk putting together a solution that won't suit your needs or solve your problem.
2. Inhale, exhale, repeat. I'm here to help YOU feel better in your space. There is no judgement, believe me, I've seen it all. In my own house.
3. Be honest, be clear. The more open the communication, the better the results. Are you worried about maintaining the space after we are done? If so, tell me and we will come up with a solution that is better suited to your lifestyle. It's your space, I'm simply a guest and my success is directly related to your happiness.
4. Think about your budget - both in terms of time and money. Depending on what you are able to allocate, we might start with an entire room, or simply a few drawers. Each space and client relationship is unique. Some clients want to work side by side with me (I'm fun, I promise), others want me to just jump in on my own. Some clients like to work fast, others enjoy reminiscing about each item. Because each situation is unique, each solution is unique too. We will work together to put together the right plan for YOU.
5. Enjoy the process because the outcome is 1000% worth it. We will remove everything, clean the space thoroughly, sort, edit (no, you don't need 3 can openers) and return the items.
6. You don't have to spend a fortune on bins, baskets and labels, however they do make it easier to maintain the space. If everything has a place, then everything won't end up piled in the corner or on the counter.
7. You're done! Sit back, relax and enjoy your calm, clear, clean space. Thank you for inviting me into your home.