This post may contain affiliate link(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising / referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any extra cost to you. The fees help keep the lights on over here at Organized by Lisa. Thanks for your support.
As you've probably noticed, I don't like gift giving STUFF. Gifts that encourage imagination, or experiences top my list of things to give and the art cart is the gift that keeps on giving year round. See below for my favorite items if you're building one for the kiddo(s) on your list.
1. Paint Pens - great for rock painting!
2. Washi Tape: so many uses, so many great colors and it won't get stuck on you furniture like scotch tape will!
3. 5x7 card stock - nice and thick so it won't bleed or get soaked through when using watercolors (see #5). Great for making birthday or thank you cards!
4. Paint Sticks: goes on like a crayon, dries like paint. Probably my favorite item in the playroom! The colors are amazing and they work especially well with the cardstock above.
5. Watercolors: just a little water and you're ready to go!
6. Gel Pens: this kit is the best, so many colors and such a great price point. We also keep a set of these in the car for when we go out to eat.
7. Glue: just because!
8. Scissors with activity book: kids love to cut things. Give them "something" to cut so they don't waste all the paper in your house!